Consult Dr. Vidya Varathan Dental Care
Your family dentist serving Markham and ScarboroughBook an Appointment
Dr. Vidya Varathan is an accredited dentist licensed by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Canada. She actively peruses her desire to educate the next generation of dentists by joining the University of Toronto. She established her clinic at the intersection of Markham and McNicoll where she works as the primary dentist along with other specialists and hygienists.
Dr. Vidya Varathan is also a graduate of the University of Osaka, where she holds a PhD in Dental Sciences. Her PhD focuses on the pain management in the provision of dental care. She has published in several prestigious journals including The Journal of Neuroscience Research and The International Journal of Pediatric Dentistry. In her passion to develop her communication skills she obtained a diploma in counselling. In the past, she has also worked as a researcher with Prof. Barry J. Sessle at the University of Toronto where she furthered her academic interests.
Our Clinic is patient focused and holds patient satisfaction as our primary goal. We also have specialists who work with us in the field of Complex Dental Surgery and Endodontics. Dr. Vidya Varathan (BDS, PhD) is a licensed general dentist, and offers several dental procedures including Implants, Orthodontics (Braces) and Wisdom Tooth Removal. Our staff are friendly, well trained and always ready to assist you as necessary. We also emphasize the importance of preventative dentistry in order to maintain good dental hygiene.
Your First Visit
What to expect on your first visit
1. We value your time so we make every effort to make sure you are seen promptly and with minimal waiting
2. When you make your first appointment, we will give you the option of having the necessary paperwork emailed to you so you don’t have to spend extra time filling forms out when you arrive
3. If you have insurance, we will get your information right away so it’s ready for you when you get here
4. At your first appointment, we will take a set of digital photos and x-rays to evaluate your oral health
5. All aspects of proposed treatment will be explained to you including:
- number of visits
- insurance coverage
6. You’ll be able to ask questions and make decisions without being rushed or pressured
Our clinic at Dr Vidya Varathan Dental Care has been designed to provide best dental care for our patients in Scarborough and Markham. We are conveniently located near the border of Scarborough and Markham. Take a look at some of our pictures for more details. Click here to find out more about our services.