5 Oral Health Tips to Make 2019 a Tooth-friendly Year
Dental health is often underestimated until you start noticing a problem. It is vital that you put an effort into keeping your teeth healthy over a long duration of time to enjoy strong and healthy teeth and gums. Problems related to the teeth often make going about daily life a lot more difficult.
Instead, you can work on these 5 tips to keep your dental health in supreme condition for the long term.
- Brush two times a day as it is important that you brush properly on a daily basis. Ideally, twice a day is healthy for you.
- Brush first thing in the morning as it is essential to combat and kill the bacteria from your mouth. Not brushing as soon as you get up will lead to bad breath and gum disease.
- Brush in the right manner – excessive and rough brushing can remove the protective cover of your teeth, while not doing it properly can lead to a residue and cause further complications.
- Flossing helps you clean the spots that are inaccessible by the brush. It is also a vital part of dental hygiene.
- Keep away from foods and drinks that can harm your teeth. Sugary products and soda attack the enamel of the teeth and eventually lead to cavities and other issues.
These tips are bound to help you maintain your dental health over the long run. Remember, prevention is always better!
How Chewing Betel Nuts Can Affect Your Teeth
Betel nuts have a long history, especially in the South-East Asian and Pacific regions. Essentially the seed of a type of palm tree, chewing betel nut is found to give a temporary adrenaline boost. However, this comes with its associated dangers. Ranked fourth in the list of most psychoactive substances in the world (after caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine), it presents clear dangers to […]
E-Cigarettes and Oral Health
According to Harvard Medical School, cigarettes are killing 480,000 people every year in the United States, making it the most preventable disease. E-cigarettes have been touted as a safer alternative, are do not stain your teeth in the same way as regular cigarettes, however, there are a few things to know before you start vaping. E-cigarettes do not burn tobacco like other cigarettes, […]
Foods That Harm Teeth
There are many kinds of food that can harm teeth when consumed in excess or when teeth are not cleaned properly after consumption. Here are a few culprits. Dried Fruits – Dried fruits are said to be beneficial for a person’s health, especially as an alternative to snacking on junk food and sodas. However, they are high on sugar content and have a […]