Foods That Harm Teeth
There are many kinds of food that can harm teeth when consumed in excess or when teeth are not cleaned properly after consumption. Here are a few culprits.
- Dried Fruits – Dried fruits are said to be beneficial for a person’s health, especially as an alternative to snacking on junk food and sodas. However, they are high on sugar content and have a tendency to get stuck on the teeth. If proper brushing is not done, they can feed harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Wine – Both red and white wines contain acids that can harm the enamel. Red wines also have compounds called tannins that have a tendency to stain the teeth.
- Pickles – An essential part of the process of pickling is the preservative, which happens to be vinegar in most cases. This can cause tooth wear and also cause staining.
- Hard Candies – These can take awhile to dissolve in the mouth, and stick to the teeth.
- Citrus Fruits – While being part of a balanced diet, they also contain lots of acids that can cause tooth decay and cavities in the long run.
Sparkling Water and Dental Erosion
Drinking sparkling water may seem like a tasty way to drink more water throughout the day, especially given that it does not contain the sugar content of sodas. However, research shows that it is not recommended for your oral health. Sparkling water contains a high acidic content which can leave you up to 11 times more vulnerable to tooth related ailments like decay and tooth erosion. When trying […]
Do You Drink Soft Drinks?
Many people enjoy consuming soft drinks. While the occasional soft drink is acceptable, consuming them long term can be detrimental for your health. With more and more research being dedicated to the effects of junk food on the human body, the real ramifications of soft drinks on a person’s health are becoming more clear. Drinking sodas have already been linked to […]
Missing teeth, as a result of extractions, can be difficult. Missing teeth can alter a person’s speaking ability, ease of eating and their self-confidence. This can be solved by utilizing dental implants, which not only restore oral health but also have an effect on a person’s general well-being. A few advantages of dental implants are listed below: The most important function of teeth is to […]