Good Preventative Oral Care At Home
As with other health aspects, good prevention is always better than treatment. This is why implementing good preventative oral care practices early on can make sure you reduce visits to dentists’ office. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Brushing twice a day, every day. This isn’t anything new or fancy. The sooner you pick up the habit, the better. Always use a soft and round bristle brush, with small individual bristles that can reach all areas of your mouth and clean all your teeth.
- Floss. Floss. Floss. Just once a day is enough, and you’ll be able to feel the visible difference.
- All and any kind of sugar intake must be reduced, this includes fresh fruit juices as well.
- Avoid or altogether quit smoking, it directly affects the teeth.
- At the earliest and simplest sign of an oral complication, immediately get it checked by a dentist.
As a side note, consider getting at least one or two check-ups scheduled with your dentist every year. This will help identify and cure any potential issue at its earliest stage- especially in the gums. At these check-ups, you can also get your teeth polished and cleaned.
Have You Been Ignoring Your Oral Health?
The mouth is the doorway to the rest of one’s body. An insight can be provided about the overall health of one’s body with a look into their oral health. A healthy mouth prevents medical complications from happening. Whereas, an unhygienic mouth increases risks of serious illnesses like heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular diseases. Some diseases like diabetes can […]
Cannabis Affects on Oral Health
The use of cannabis draws a parallel with deteriorating oral hygiene. Not only does increased smoking of cannabis affects the teeth aesthetically by staining the teeth, but it also affects the overall oral health. Smoking cannabis may result in exacerbated risks of oral cancer. The cannabis smoke reduces the secretion of saliva in the mouth, of which the consequences are […]
Braces Versus Invisalign
Orthodontic treatments have now become more effective while being less time-consuming. Over time, procedures to improve dental aesthetics have evolved from traditional dental braces to Invisalign (clear aligners). Dental Braces consist of brackets attached to the teeth that have a wire run through them. They are used to treat serious orthodontic cases like alignment issues, protrusions, crowding, crookedness and irregular spacing. […]