Habits That Are Harmful to Your Teeth (and What to Do About Them)
Dental healthcare is an important part of a person’s overall physical wellness. This is why it is better to root out any bad habits that you may have that has a negative effect on your teeth. Here is a list of a few prevalent bad habits:
- Many people still have a tendency to bite their nails, either because of stress or habit. This has a negative effect on teeth and fillings.
- Try applying bitter-tasting clear nail polish on your nails.
- Using excessive force while brushing your teeth can lead to abrasions in the teeth.
- Try using a soft-bristled brush and improve your brushing techniques.
- Constant munching of processed foods are not good for oral health (or overall health).
- Try snacking on healthier options like nuts and cheeses.
- Some people have a habit of using their teeth to open items, like beer bottles. This can lead to chipping of the tooth and extreme pain.
- Keep the proper tools handy and easily accessible so that you reach for them.
Sparkling Water and Dental Erosion
Drinking sparkling water may seem like a tasty way to drink more water throughout the day, especially given that it does not contain the sugar content of sodas. However, research shows that it is not recommended for your oral health. Sparkling water contains a high acidic content which can leave you up to 11 times more vulnerable to tooth related ailments like decay and tooth erosion. When trying […]
Do You Drink Soft Drinks?
Many people enjoy consuming soft drinks. While the occasional soft drink is acceptable, consuming them long term can be detrimental for your health. With more and more research being dedicated to the effects of junk food on the human body, the real ramifications of soft drinks on a person’s health are becoming more clear. Drinking sodas have already been linked to […]
Missing teeth, as a result of extractions, can be difficult. Missing teeth can alter a person’s speaking ability, ease of eating and their self-confidence. This can be solved by utilizing dental implants, which not only restore oral health but also have an effect on a person’s general well-being. A few advantages of dental implants are listed below: The most important function of teeth is to […]