Proper Denture Care
If you use dentures, then you want to ensure they’re being cared for properly. Here are some tips to help you:
- Start by rinsing your dentures after every meal. This helps keep any food debris or loose particles from settling in the dentures. Of course, take utmost care when you’re cleaning them and keep a bowl of water or a towel on the sink so you don’t risk breaking the dentures if they drop.
- Always clean your mouth thoroughly each time you remove the denture and before putting it back. You can use a brush or gauze. Clean your tongue, teeth, gums, and the roof of your mouth. This is especially important if you’ve used denture adhesive. It must be rinsed out thoroughly.
- Brush your dentures every day after soaking. Avoid whitening products or any kind of bleach. Clean the grooves thoroughly to remove adhesive, if any.
- Soaking dentures overnight is imperative. You can use water or even a diluted denture-soaking solution. Consult with your dentist the best method for your dentures.
- Get your teeth and dentures regularly checked.
Sparkling Water and Dental Erosion
Drinking sparkling water may seem like a tasty way to drink more water throughout the day, especially given that it does not contain the sugar content of sodas. However, research shows that it is not recommended for your oral health. Sparkling water contains a high acidic content which can leave you up to 11 times more vulnerable to tooth related ailments like decay and tooth erosion. When trying […]
Do You Drink Soft Drinks?
Many people enjoy consuming soft drinks. While the occasional soft drink is acceptable, consuming them long term can be detrimental for your health. With more and more research being dedicated to the effects of junk food on the human body, the real ramifications of soft drinks on a person’s health are becoming more clear. Drinking sodas have already been linked to […]
Missing teeth, as a result of extractions, can be difficult. Missing teeth can alter a person’s speaking ability, ease of eating and their self-confidence. This can be solved by utilizing dental implants, which not only restore oral health but also have an effect on a person’s general well-being. A few advantages of dental implants are listed below: The most important function of teeth is to […]