Tips to Help With Tooth Sensitivity
One of the most common complaints regarding dental health is the sensitivity of the teeth. While this has a number of reasons, they can be countered with the following oral care practices. Here are a few tips to help you out with tooth sensitivity:
- The most common way to fight sensitivity of the teeth is to use sensitivity toothpaste.
- Using a softer toothbrush can also aid in combating sensitivity. Hard brushes can graze and chip your teeth and your gums, making it difficult to handle foods with extreme temperatures.
- Whitening toothpaste should be avoided at all costs. These contain abrasive materials that can affect the outer coating of the teeth and increase sensitivity. If you do plan on using it, make sure to do so after consulting with a dental provider.
- Acidic foods and beverages are the worst offenders when it comes to tooth sensitivity. Foods like energy drinks and sodas contain chemicals that can corrode the teeth and contribute towards sensitivity. Try to avoid consuming such items, or at least brush properly after doing so.
- Consume foods at room temperature; not too hot or cold.
Sparkling Water and Dental Erosion
Drinking sparkling water may seem like a tasty way to drink more water throughout the day, especially given that it does not contain the sugar content of sodas. However, research shows that it is not recommended for your oral health. Sparkling water contains a high acidic content which can leave you up to 11 times more vulnerable to tooth related ailments like decay and tooth erosion. When trying […]
Do You Drink Soft Drinks?
Many people enjoy consuming soft drinks. While the occasional soft drink is acceptable, consuming them long term can be detrimental for your health. With more and more research being dedicated to the effects of junk food on the human body, the real ramifications of soft drinks on a person’s health are becoming more clear. Drinking sodas have already been linked to […]
Missing teeth, as a result of extractions, can be difficult. Missing teeth can alter a person’s speaking ability, ease of eating and their self-confidence. This can be solved by utilizing dental implants, which not only restore oral health but also have an effect on a person’s general well-being. A few advantages of dental implants are listed below: The most important function of teeth is to […]