Ways To Prevent Bad Breath
Bad breath can be really embarrassing and may make you self-conscious. There are many different products available to combat bad breath in the market. There are also some preventative measures you can take.
- The best way to prevent bad breath is proper oral care at home. Brushing and flossing regularly can help against the formation of bacteria in the mouth, which is often associated with bad breath. Also, any food particles and other foreign materials stuck in the mouth can end up causing your breath to smell too.
- For a temporary fix at home, you can use mouthwash. However, it is not recommended to depend on it every single time and correct steps should be followed when you use it to combat bad breath.
- Any dental items like dentures or retainers should be cleaned every night. These can carry bad bacteria over from the previous day and hence should be kept clean for oral hygiene.
- Smoking is a huge contributor to bad breath. Quitting cigarettes will be very beneficial for both preventing bad breath and the general oral hygiene of your mouth.
- If your bad breath does not subside, it is important to speak with us as it can be a symptom of another underlying issue.
Sparkling Water and Dental Erosion
Drinking sparkling water may seem like a tasty way to drink more water throughout the day, especially given that it does not contain the sugar content of sodas. However, research shows that it is not recommended for your oral health. Sparkling water contains a high acidic content which can leave you up to 11 times more vulnerable to tooth related ailments like decay and tooth erosion. When trying […]
Do You Drink Soft Drinks?
Many people enjoy consuming soft drinks. While the occasional soft drink is acceptable, consuming them long term can be detrimental for your health. With more and more research being dedicated to the effects of junk food on the human body, the real ramifications of soft drinks on a person’s health are becoming more clear. Drinking sodas have already been linked to […]
Missing teeth, as a result of extractions, can be difficult. Missing teeth can alter a person’s speaking ability, ease of eating and their self-confidence. This can be solved by utilizing dental implants, which not only restore oral health but also have an effect on a person’s general well-being. A few advantages of dental implants are listed below: The most important function of teeth is to […]